The leaves are turning here in Portland, so that means fall is around the corner (yessss) and it’s time to switch up the beauty routine. I stopped at Target and picked up a few things and wanted to share my experiences with them so far with you!
RIMMEL LASTING FINISH 25H FOUNDATION WITH COMFORT SERUM in Soft Beige $6.64
This foundation just may be my new all-time favorite! I’ve used it a handful of times now and its amazing. Here are things I have noticed about it:
1) It smells amazing. It’s lightly perfumed and and the scent gives it that something extra.
2) It sets matte. No powder needed! And it says it lasts up to 25 hours without sweating through. Although I haven’t tried wearing it quite that long, I went on a pretty long bike ride then looked in the mirror and my foundation was still in place. So if you’re the type that likes to work out with a little makeup on, this is for you!
3) It makes your skin feel soft. Need I say more?
Rimmel Glam Eyes Mascara $4.94
So I didn’t buy this mascara with fall in mind, but I was running low so I just picked it up. I do like this so far!
1) The brush is bendy and plastic. Ever since trying the Benefit They’re Real mascara, I’ve had a fascination with plastic brushes. They really do wonders to separate your lashes.
2) The formula is a little clumpy. I actually like the clumpy look because it makes me feel like I’m wearing false lashes, but I know it’s not for everyone. I haven’t worn this in the rain yet, so I’m not sure how “Portland fall rain appropriate” it is.
RIMMEL EXAGGERATE AUTOMATIC LIP LINER in Enchantment $4.55
I really love the formula of this. It’s creamy and smooth and matte as an all-over color. As a liner it makes my lips look fuller and just amazing in general. And it’s a twist-up stick which is cool!
RIMMEL EXAGGERATE AUTOMATIC LIP LINER in Rapture $4.55
First of all, I love love love this color! For some reason this one is a little bit dry as an all-over color, but as an actual liner, it works great! Did I mention I love this color?!
NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Stockholm
Okay okay, I caved and got my first NYX product! I really couldn’t be happier about my product choice! These lipsticks are definitely worth the hype. Why?
1) Super creamy consistency.
2) It smells like cupcakes! Open a tube of this stuff and be lifted away to a cupcake oasis.
3) It dries matte, like for real. A liquid lipstick that dries matte–what a lovely concept!
4) Really easy to apply. I feel very comfortable applying this on the go, no mirror required.
I’m curious though: What are your fall must-haves?
Many autumnal vibes,