That’s right, I said the word easy. I made Rose Bath Salts and Lavender Peppermint Bubble Bath for a friend of mine who is a bride-to-be. If you’ve ever planned a wedding, you know how much more you need to savor those few moments in the bath. Seriously, these two little jars make the cutest gifts (Mother’s Day is May 10th)! And yes, you’re allowed to keep it for yourself–I’m making another batch for that reason! Check out my video to see how to do this! Or if you’re sneaking your internet access at work and need to be quiet, the recipe is down below as well.
Rose Bath Salts
Petals of 1 red rose (dried or fresh)
1 TBSP rose water
1/4 C salt (I used Kosher, but you can use whatever)
1. Crush petals finely in a mortar+pestle or food processor.
2. Add rose water and muddle.
3. Add salt and blend really well until petals and rose water are incorporated
4. Put mixture into cute jar–and you’re done!
Lavender Peppermint Bubble Bath
10-12 drops lavender essential oil
1-2 C Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Castile Soap
Lavender petals (optional)
5 drops bergamot essential oil (optional)
1. Add petals + essential oil to the bottle.
2. Pour in the castile soap.
3. Fill the rest of the bottle with purified water SLOWLY because it foams up really easily–and you’re done!
Bonus: My bathroom is going to smell faintly like rose for the next week straight just for making this. Please let me know if you try either of these recipes!